Each year we create a notebook filled with doodles, poems, artwork, photography, lists and tidbits of wisdom from our alumni that allow us into the inner workings of your notebook and the artistic process. Last year we gave copies of these notebooks to all 2016 YoungArts Winners and to everyone who attended our Backyard Ball gala in January. This year, instead of us reaching out to you for requests to fill up the journal, we’d love for you to submit what you would include in your notebook so we can potentially include it in ours. Click here to take a look at last year’s so you can get your creative juices flowing.
So what are some items you can submit?:
- Poems, rants or streams of consciousness
- Images of work that has already been created
- Sketches that haven’t yet been completed
- Lists you’ve made that pertain to your discipline (a reading list, favorite Off-Broadway plays/musicals, etc.)
- Doodles that have turned into a work of art
- Choreography notes
- A portion of a handwritten score
- Anything else you can come up with!
Please note that we can’t promise to include all submissions but we will do our best. High resolution images are preferred. The deadline for all submissions is Monday, December 12, 2016 at 11:59 EST.
- Design must be limited to only 1 or 2 color swatches. This includes the use of black and/or white.
- Please provide a suggested t-shirt color(s) you would prefer the design to be printed on. Keep in mind these colors are just recommendations and YoungArts has the final say on the color of the shirt.
- You have the option to represent YoungArts with or without the inclusion of the 10 disciplines. If you decide to include the disciplines in your design, you may do so through imagery and/or text. As a reference, the disciplines are:
- Cinematic Arts
- Design Arts
- Visual Arts
- Must include the “National YoungArts Foundation” into your design.
- Please note that YoungArts is all one word with the Y and A capitalized.
- If you are interested in including the YoungArts logo into your design, please request the file by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please submit as a PDF, JPG, TIFF or PNG file
The deadline for all submissions is Friday, September 30 at 11:59pm EST.
For additional questions, email email@example.com