For the past two years, we have been designing an Alumni Journal for the Backyard Ball--our yearly gala and fundraiser--as a giveaway. This piece is meant to be representative of the magic that is YoungArts, the artists' process and the human condition. Anything that has filled your notebooks--doodles, poems, artwork, photography, lists and tidbits of wisdom--is game and we are so excited to see what you submit this year. Click here
to take a look at one of our past journals so you can get your creative juices flowing.
So what are some items you can submit?:
- Poems, rants or streams of consciousness
- Images of work that has already been created
- Sketches that haven’t yet been completed
- Lists you’ve made that pertain to your discipline (a reading list, favorite Off-Broadway plays/musicals, etc.)
- Doodles that have turned into a work of art
- Choreography notes
- A portion of a handwritten score
- Anything else you can come up with!
Please note that we can’t promise to include all submissions but we will do our best. High resolution images are preferred. The deadline for all submissions is Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 11:59 EST.